Ducks Unlimited had a fund raising dinner in Brooks on September 9. Clarke took Jay and Carson to meet him. Carson's favorite show is Mantracker and he begs to watch it every day at 4.
 |
| The boys posing with Mantracker |
 |
| Getting some food to feed the fish. |
 |
| Dinnertime! |
To add to this story, the boys hadn't been especially good and just don't seem to grasp how truly lucky, and spoiled, that they are. Clarke told them that they had to earn their own money to pay the $50 for their tickets. He taught them a door approach and sent them out on a bottle drive. Carson's version: "Hi, I'm Carson. Do you have any empty bottles that I can have to go to a Ducks Unlimited dinner with Mantracker?
Know your land, know your prey." In just under 2 hours they got about $45. Pretty good return on the time. I don't know that they learned the lesson yet but we'll see how things go in the future when they are being monkeys and begging for everything and I say no. If nothing else, Clarke says they now know how to do a door approach!
No comments:
Post a Comment